Job Position: RN Surgery
Location: Bristol , PA
Shift: Per Diem
- Provide assistance in emergency procedures as well as elective and scheduled cases.
- Serve as a liaison between the surgical team and the patients' families.
- Assess patients before, during, and after surgery and maintain a sterile operating room.
- Perform count procedures to protect patient from unintended retained foreign objects as well as perform interventions necessary to ensure the patient’s procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level.
- Perform interventions throughout the surgical procedure to maintain the status of the patient’s genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems, and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline levels.
- Actively involve patient or designated support person in decisions affecting their post perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process.
- HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
- The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay.
- Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing.
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships.
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Current licensure in the State as a Registered Nurse, or current active multi-state Registered Nurse license.
- Basic Life Support certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Previous charge nurse/service coordinator experience.