Job Position: RN – Psychiatrics
Location: San Leandro, CA, 94578
Duration: 03 Months Contract
Shift: 08:00 AM – 05:00 PM
- A Psychiatric Nurse, also known as a Mental Health Nurse, is a registered nurse specialized in providing care and support to patients with mental health conditions and disorders.
- These nurses work in various settings such as psychiatric hospitals, mental health clinics, community health centers, and residential treatment facilities.
- Their primary focus is on assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of patients with psychiatric disorders.
- Patient Assessment: Conduct comprehensive assessments of patients' mental health status, including psychiatric history, symptoms, and behavioral patterns. Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to develop a holistic understanding of the patient's needs.
- Treatment Planning: Develop individualized care plans based on the assessment, in consultation with the patient, their families, and the interdisciplinary team. These plans should include medication management, counseling, therapeutic interventions, and crisis management.
- Medication Administration: Administer psychiatric medications as prescribed by psychiatrists or other healthcare providers. Monitor the patient's response to medications and report any adverse reactions or side effects.