RN Operating Room
Location: Hyannis, MA 02601
Job Type: Full Time Permanent.
Shift: – Full Time, Days or Evenings
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Positions: 05
Pay/Salary: $120,000 Yearly + Benefits
- Delivers patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Administers and monitors patient responses to all medications. Directs and guides patient care, teaching and activities of ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing within the realm of Hospital Policy. Maintains and delivers the highest quality customer service standards.
- Accountable for coordinating all daily operating activities of the Operating Room (See reference guide at Center Core.) In conjunction with Nurse Manager and the Department of Anesthesia.
- Assists in the supervision of personnel and department to provide quality patient care and a safe environment for all.
- Assists in staff development and education and in identification of unit needs.
- Assists in additional duties as directed by Nurse Managers.
- Provides and controls material, supplies and equipment needed for efficient, successful operation of the Operating Room.
- Supervises the control and maintenance of drugs, i.e. inventory of Pyxis.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. BSN Preferred.
- One year OR experience or Peri-op 101 Training Program required.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Basic Life Support Certification required.
- Must read, write and communicate in English.
- Use of lead apron required.
- On-Call is required for off-shift, weekends and holidays.
- Completion of scrub training for cesarean sections within 2 years of position.