Emergency Room – RN
Location: Brownsville, TX
Shift: AM / PM / NOC
- Critical-Thinking Skills: Nurses will need to assess a patient's health, as well as detect changes in symptoms, health or pain, and will need to know when action is necessary.
- Compassion: Nurses help people. They should be sympathetic to a patient's needs, and be able to deal with people in various states of pain, trauma and tragedy.
- Attention to Detail: Nurses can help doctors operate, administer medicines and work with specific treatments that, if wrong could prove fatal. Attention to detail is crucial.
- Organizational Skills: Nurses will face multiple patients, with differing needs, stages of health and risks. Being organized and knowing how to prioritize will be helpful.
- Calm Under Pressure: ER Nurses face urgent, life-or-death situations almost daily. Being able to function in the heat of emergency will be necessary.
- Patience: Giving care under stressful circumstances requires patience.
- Communication Skills: Nurses communicate directly with patients who are scared, in pain or in shock. Families will have questions and want answers. Good nurses need to be patient listeners and good communicators to help keep everyone calm and help them understand the situation.