Location: Colombus , OH
Job Type: Contract
Shift: – Nights, Full time.
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Positions: 05
Purpose of Position:
- Coordinates total nursing care for patients. Participates in patient and family teaching. Demonstrates leadership abilities by working cooperatively with nursing and other patient care team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the critical care setting.
- Practices according to entity mandatory requirements.
- Practices according to department expectations.
- Practices with a Customer Service approach to all activities
- Cares for patients utilizing the nursing process.
- Provides care as part of the interdisciplinary team.
- Utilizes internal and external resources.
- Provides effective patient/family teaching.
- Documents according to entity/department guidelines.
- Administers medications safely.
- Provides care according to best practice standards of care in nursing.
- Identifies signs and symptoms of neglect/abuse and reports as required by law.
- Cares for terminally ill patient and family.
- Manages the patient with pain.
- Utilizes chemical and physical restraints as per policy.
- Utilizes techniques of time management effectively.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- One to two years recent critical care experience required.
- Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse License required.
- CEN or CCRN preferred.
- Current BLS certification.
- Current ACLS certification.
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) within 4 months of new position and must renew every two years.