Position: Radiology Cath Tech Lab
Location: Oakland, CA
Duration: 3 Months Contract Assignment
Shift: AM / PM / NOC
Responsibilities of the Radiology Technologist
• Perform all diagnostic radiographic procedures including ER, surgical, fluoroscopic and portable radiographs.
• Select and operate radiography equipment, imaging and/or associated accessories to successfully perform procedures.
• Interpret and implement referring physicians’ orders.
• Practice safe radiation protection following hospital guidelines.
• Assist physicians and radiologists in procedures requiring sterile technique.
• Prepare and administer radiopaque contrast media needed for radiologic exams.
• Assess patient’s condition prior and during all radiologic procedures.
• Provide optimum patient care during exams.
• Corroborate patient’s clinical history with procedure, assuring information is documented and available for use by licensed practitioner.
• Perform other department related duties as needed.
• Perform minor equipment repairs and upkeep and communicate problems to supervisor or communication log.
Qualifications of the Radiology Technologist
Graduate of an America Medical Association- approved program in Radiologic Technology or meet requirements for Texas certification of Medical Radiologic Technologist on an education-equivalent basis