Job Position: OR Nurse Manager
Location: Richmond, VA
Duration: Direct Hire
Shift: Full-time Days
- Oversees the consistent management of daily operations of the O.R. unit, and across shifts, in meeting the mission of the company, hospital and department, as well as supporting an environment of care to meet that mission and to comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Oversees the consistent management of all variable costs of the O.R. unit to meet budgetary targets.
- Serves as the central communication contact for each of the O.R. Clinical Coordinators, for the other members of the leadership team, and for the Director, regarding issues related to the scope of responsibility.
- Oversees quality improvement work for the O.R. unit, and across shifts, to improve unit/departmental processes, and to meet goals.
- Oversees all aspects of staffing, acting in accordance with Human Resource policies and within budgetary limits, in targeted selection, in retention activities, and in providing feedback.
- Manages, alongside the O.R. Educator and the O.R. Clinical Coordinators, staff development activities, including: orientation, annual evaluation of skills, education/travel requests, and opportunities to apply new knowledge and revisit skills.
- Actively supports the work and professional development of the O.R. Clinical Coordinators, and that of the members of the support team staff, ensuring accountability and the means to follow through for all parties related to project work, involving the two units and across shifts.
- Demonstrates effective leadership behaviors, modeling professionalism, accountability, and the pursuit of one’s own professional growth and development.
- Education: Registered Nurse Diploma
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- 1 year of leadership experience preferred
- Candidate with trauma experience preferred