Location: San Leandro, CA
Duration: 13 Weeks Contract
Position Information :
- The Occupational Therapist facilitates the development and rehabilitation of physically disabled persons, maximizing the functional status of the hospitalized patient. Responsibilities are to evaluate, plan, implement, and modify age-appropriate treatment programs, participates in discharge planning, performs administrative duties, participates in PI, pursues professional growth, and performs other duties as assigned.
Occupational Therapist – OT to improve the lives of the people we serve through compassion and innovation in healthcare.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES :
- For patients who plan to return to work, the occupational therapist may perform work capacity evaluation and may refer to specialized vocational training in accordance with Organization policy.
- Develops a treatment program and establishes goals for improved function. Communicates plan of care to referring physician and other Organization professionals.
- May teach new skills or retrain patient in once familiar daily activities that have been lost due to illness or injury, in accordance with Organization policy.
- May fabricate splints and instruct patient in the use of various types of adaptive equipment to improve function.
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic and/or orthotic devices.
- Instructs patient's family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in patient's treatment regime when indicated and appropriate.
- Supervises Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants according to organization policy and state regulations.
- Participates in discharge planning for the patient.
- Specialty certification from AOTA.
- A bachelor's degree in occupational therapy from a university certified by the ACOTE (Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education) or AOTA (American -Occupational Therapy Association).
- Minimum 1 years of experience as an Occupational Therapist (Home health/ SNF and Optima experience is preferred).
- Ability to assess patient condition and work with treatment plans.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Pediatric occupational therapist with a wide skill set • Acute care skills
- Treat a variety of diagnosis