Job Position: MRI Technologist
Location: Gainesville, FL, 32614
Duration: Direct Hire
Shift: Full-time Days (Rotating Weekends)
- Obtains quality MRI images of patients. Demonstrates competence in following established scanning protocols and exercises ability to adjust protocols as required.
- Complies with MRI safety guidelines for patient and self, utilizes protective equipment when appropriate. Operates MRI scanner safely and competently. Ensures patient safety by screening for contraindications such as, but not limited to, cardiac pacemakers, sheet metal fragments, shrapnel, jewelry, wallet, metal prosthesis, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform all necessary computer operations (i.e. Meditech and PACS). Ensure proper charges are entered and referring physicians orders are verified.
- Renders patient care in a professional and courteous manner.
- Prepares examination rooms for MRI procedures. Monitors inventory of supplies during room rotation and maintain room cleanliness and neat appearance.
- Proficient in obtaining IV access and administering contrast agents.
- Reviews each exam for technical accuracy (i.e. technical quality, anatomical positioning, annotation, etc.) and completes verification process in PACS.
- Assists PACS Administrator and MRI Supervisor with PACS clean up. ie: unarchived images, unspecified, etc.
- Completes and maintains educational requirements.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding employees and patient information according to Policy and Procedure