Medical Laboratory Technician
Location: Newark, NJ
Job Type: CONTRACT.
Shift: – 13 weeks 40hrs/wk Days, 08:00-17:30
Pay/Salary: UPTO $1600 WEEKLY GROSS
Brief Company Intro
United Health System is a well known provider for healthcare services within United States.
United Health System has always strived to be Customer-oriented, Compassionate, Candid and Compliant. We are committed for your success. You can count on us!
We believe in working as a team with persistent stress on excelled deliverance. Our underlined principle is that honest and sincere disposition pays off. In continuous quest to be the best for both our clients and our employees we work with simple strategies that produce best results
We are currently seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Medical Technologist to join our team of laboratory professionals. As a Medical Technologist, you will play a critical role in performing a variety of complex laboratory tests and analyses, contributing to accurate patient diagnoses and treatment plans. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about providing high-quality laboratory services and making a difference in patient care.
- Perform laboratory tests: Conduct a wide range of laboratory tests on patient samples, including hematology, clinical chemistry, microbiology, immunology, and blood banking. Operate and maintain laboratory instruments and equipment, ensuring accurate and reliable results.
- Sample handling and analysis: Receive, label, and process patient specimens, ensuring proper identification and adherence to laboratory protocols. Perform sample analysis using manual and automated methods, following standard operating procedures (SOPs) and quality control guidelines.
- Quality control and assurance: Monitor and evaluate the quality of laboratory test results, recognizing and troubleshooting any issues or inconsistencies. Perform and document quality control procedures regularly to ensure accurate and reliable testing.
- Data interpretation and reporting: Analyze and interpret laboratory test results, identifying any abnormalities or deviations from normal ranges. Document and report findings accurately and promptly, maintaining confidentiality and adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Equipment maintenance and calibration: Perform routine maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment. Coordinate with vendors and technical support as needed to ensure proper functioning and minimize downtime.
- Compliance and safety: Adhere to laboratory safety protocols, including the proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials and biohazardous waste. Follow regulatory guidelines and maintain compliance with accreditation and certification standards.
- Collaboration and communication: Collaborate with healthcare professionals, including physicians, nurses, and other laboratory staff, to provide accurate and timely laboratory results. Communicate effectively to relay critical information and contribute to a collaborative and patient-centered care environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Science or a related field
- Valid Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) certification
- Minimum 1 years of experience as a Medical Technologist
- Strong knowledge of laboratory techniques, instrumentation, and laboratory information systems (LIS)
- Proficient in performing and interpreting a variety of laboratory tests
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in documentation and reporting
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Active Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) certification
- AHA BLS required
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, VSP (as per company policy)
- CEU Credits
- Travel Perks
- Retirement Plan eligibility
- PTO eligibility