Job Position: Med Tech
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Duration: Direct Hire
Shift: Full-time (rotating weekends)
- Become proficient with information system computer functions relative to job duties.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the performance of accurate and timely laboratory testing.
- Work in an organized manner and perform according to section procedure manual so that other personnel can follow workflow.
- Analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame.
- Assume responsibility of the department as appropriate in the absence of the supervisor.
- Consistently complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results.
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets.
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results. (including performing delta checks, etc.)
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief.
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol and completes necessary documentation.
- Assure that quality control results are within acceptable guidelines and parameters.
- Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines.
- Assist supervisor in meeting department regulatory agency requirements (CAP, etc.)
- Operate all equipment correctly and perform periodic maintenance according to schedule.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform equipment troubleshooting to resolve basic equipment malfunctions.
- Assist in monitoring reagents and supply inventories and utilize them appropriately.
- Maintain education and development appropriate for position.
- Handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results according to established procedures and in a timely manner.
- A 2 Year/Associate Degree is required.
- A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology is preferred.
- A State of Florida Technologist License is required OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist.
- MUST HAVE at least 3 years experience as Medical Technologist/ Medical Lab Scientist.