Manager of Med Surg
PANAMA CITY, FL 32405
It offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at HCA Florida Gulf Coast Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
To administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients within the Department. To advise the Acute Care Director regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections, quality improvement processes. To anticipate and estimate future needs of the Department to improve quality of patient care.
What you will do in this role:
- Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient’s right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
- Florida RN licensure required
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Acute care experience required
- Management experience preferred
- Basic Cardiac Life Support, or BCLS Instructor must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Hospital is a 238-bed acute care hospital. For 40 years, we have served Bay County and the surrounding communities. We are an accredited facility offering comprehensive care. This includes advanced cardiac assessment and treatment. We offer certified women's services. Our hospital has dedicated spaces for adult and pediatric emergency services. We are certified in Advanced Primary Stroke Care. Our hospital is accredited as a Comprehensive Breast Care Center. We are the area's only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI and Resuscitation. Other services that we offer include orthopedic care and joint replacement, robotic surgery, cardiac, vascular, and interventional services. We are home to the only Pediatric ER in the community. We have the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in the region. Together, we continue to raise the bar in healthcare.
This unit is currently having some staffing shortages, so we’ll likely need a strong leader that is comfortable stepping in and helping to hire/train/mentor new RNs and help with overall moral and employee engagement
- Candidates must have an Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- 3+ years of clinical hospital experience, and at least 1-2+ years of leadership experience…
- ideally want Assistant Nurse Manager/Manager candidates with experience in Med Surg but (will consider Supervisor/Charge RN but they must be strong on phone interviews)
-Salary Ranging from about $85-105K – likely no wiggle room above this.
-Relocation about $5,000 for out-of-state candidates
-Sign On- No