LVN- Licensed Vocational Nurse – New Grad
Location: San Jose, CA
All Shifts Available
Job Details :
- Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN's) fill important roles in modern healthcare practices. Their primary job duty is to provide routine care, observe patients' health, assist doctors and registered nurses, and communicate instructions to patients regarding medication, home-based care, and preventative lifestyle changes.
Job Responsibilities of LVN:
- Provides nursing services including the administration of medications and injections to patients as directed by the providers.
- Oversees the smooth progression of daily patient schedules, monitors patient flow and assists Medical Assistant staff in preparation of examination rooms, preparation of patients for an exam, and taking of vital signs of patients.
- Documents patient's current medication list, including name(s) of medications, dosages, frequency, duration and start date. Administers medication and treatment as prescribed through written Provider orders
- Attends general and medical staff meetings and participates in quality improvement projects.
Requirements of LVN:
- BLS Certification
- Excellent communication skills
- Active LVN license for the state of California