LVN- Licensed Vocational Nurse
Location: San Jose,CA
All Shifts Available
Essential Duties Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Ensure that all nursing personnel assigned to you comply with the written policies and procedures established by this facility.
- Periodically review the department’s policies, procedure manuals, job descriptions, etc. Make recommendations for revisions.
- Meet with your assigned nursing staff, as well as support personnel, in planning the shifts’ services, programs, and activities.
- Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is current and reflects the day-to-day nursing procedures performed in this facility.
- Complete and file required recordkeeping forms/charts upon the resident’s admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
- Encourage attending physicians to review treatment plans, record and sign their orders, progress notes, etc., in accordance with established policies.
- Receive telephone orders from physicians and record on the Physicians’ Order Form.
- Transcribe physician’s orders to resident charts, cardex, medication cards, treatment/care plans, as required.
- Chart nurses’ notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident’s response to the care.
- Fill out and complete accident/incident reports. Submit to Director as required.
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician.
- Verify the identity of the resident before administering the medication/treatment.
- Ensure that prescribed medication for one resident is not administered to another.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of floor stock medications, supplies, and equipment is on hand to meet the nursing needs of the residents. Report needs to the Nurse Supervisor.