Job Position: Human Resources – Administrative – Benefits Analyst
Location: San Ysidro, CA
Duration: Temp to Hire ( Hybrid Role )
Shift: 08:00 AM – 05:00 PM M-F
- The Benefits Analyst plays a crucial role within the Human Resources department by managing and administering employee benefits programs.
- This role involves ensuring that employee benefits packages are effectively communicated, implemented, and maintained in accordance with company policies and relevant regulations. The Benefits Analyst collaborates with various stakeholders, including employees, managers, insurance providers, and HR team members to provide comprehensive benefits support.
- Manage the day-to-day administration of employee benefits programs, including health insurance, dental and vision plans, retirement plans, life insurance, disability coverage, and wellness programs.
- Process benefits enrollment, changes, and terminations accurately and within specified timelines.
- Liaise with insurance providers and third-party administrators to resolve benefits-related inquiries and issues.
- Ensure benefits programs comply with federal and state regulations, such as ERISA, HIPAA, ACA, and other relevant laws.
- Prepare and submit required benefits-related reports, filings, and documentation to regulatory agencies and insurance providers.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual benefits open enrollment process, including communication, training, and enrollment support.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience in benefits administration or a related HR role.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations governing employee benefits.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret benefits data and trends.
- Proficiency in HRIS and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
- Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity.
- Comply with all regulations and required schedules regarding OSHA training.