ER Nurse Responsibilities:
- Being ready to respond and equipped to deal with a medical emergency.
- Quickly assessing patient needs.
- Treating critical injuries, allergic reactions, and trauma.
- Performing minor medical operations.
- Cleaning wounds.
- Drawing blood.
- Maintaining emergency room care standards.
- Assisting with insurance paperwork.
- Ensuring the efficiency of the patient check-in process.
- Displaying strong decision-making skills in emergency scenarios.
ER Nurse Requirements:
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification and Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI) certification advantageous.
- Able to work under high pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.