Director of Burn Services
Augusta, GA 30909
Full-Time – 10 Hours / Weekdays Only
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Director Burn Services is responsible for integrating the Burn Services department with the hospitals primary functions. The Director also coordinates and integrates services within the burn department. The Director will develop and implement policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services. The Director recommends a sufficient number of qualified and competent persons to provide care/service and assures the qualifications and competence of those staff members (who are not licensed independent practitioners) meet the needs of patient care and non-patient care services. Other duties include ensuring orientation, in-service training, and continuing education of all persons in burn services is provided. The Director continuously assesses and improves their department’s performance and maintains appropriate quality control programs.
Wound and Burn Care Services:
Burn prevention educational initiatives
Pediatric Burn Care
Skin Healing Products
Support for patients family members throughout hospital treatment.
What qualifications you will need:
· ADN required. BSN required within 24 months of hire
· Must hold a current GA RN license or eNLC license required, BLS required (American Red Cross or American Heart Association).
· 2-3 years Burn experience and 3-5 years management experience required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
· # of Beds: 99
· # of Facility Beds: 350
· Monthly Department Volume: average daily census is 90
· Culture of the facility/unit: Very Busy, every department at DHOA is like family, especially the close knit burn center
· Reporting Structure: reports directly to the VP of Burn Services
· The candidate coming into the role MUST have experience in leading and managing a Burn Unit. Strong and proven leadership skills in burn services are essential.
Relocation: Case by Case Basis
Sign-On Bonus: Case by Case Basis