Location: Bethel park PA, 15102
Contract: 13 weeks
Shift: 3 pm to 11pm 24hrs/week Mon-Fri(Alternate weekend)
- Under medical or licensed nursing supervision, the Certified Nursing Assistant provides nursing care to patients/residents/clients or inmates who are physically ill, disabled, convalescent, or geriatric; assists the physician or nurse with examination and treatments of patients; motivates and assists patients in developing and utilizing their maximum potential for self-care, and do other related work.
- Provides physical support to assist patients/residents/clients or inmates in performing daily living activities, including rising out of bed, bathing, dressing, feeding, toileting, walking or exercising, social actions or rehabilitation programs; turns or re-positions bedridden;
- CNA records vital signs, height, and weight; measures and records dietary intake and urinary and fecal output; administers medications or treatments as directed; collects specimens;
- CNA observes or examines patients/residents/clients or inmates to detect symptoms that may require medical attention; assists nurses or physicians in the operation of medical equipment or provision of care; transports patients/residents/clients or inmates to treatment units, operating rooms or other areas using wheelchairs, stretchers or movable beds; cleans and sanitizes patients clothing, rooms, bathrooms, examination rooms, or other patients/resident/client areas; positions or holds patients, residents, clients for surgical preparations; performs immediate and temporary interventions in emergency situations; assists with admission, transfer, or discharge activities; sorts, counts and distributes linens and clothing;
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of: Routine hospital, clinic, inpatient and/or outpatient settings, techniques of bathing, feeding, lifting, and transporting patients, making beds, and caring for patients/residents/clients or inmates clothing and other property; hospital routine and procedure; proper methods and attitudes involved in meeting the physical and psychosocial needs of physically ill and/or disabled patients/residents/clients or inmates and assisting medically trained personnel; and accepted first aid methods.
- Ability to: Develop skills in the performance of the routine hospital, clinic, inpatient and/or outpatient settings, techniques of bathing, feeding, lifting and transporting patients/residents/clients or inmates, making beds, and caring for patients/residents/clients or inmates’ clothing and other property; assist medically trained personnel; communicate at the level required for successful job performance; keep simple records; follow oral and written directions; and analyze situations accurately and participate in an appropriate course of action
- Ability to: in the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR): All of the above, and maintain order and supervise the conduct of persons committed to the CDCR; prevent escapes and injury of these persons, to themselves, to others, and to property; maintain the security of work areas and work materials.
- Possession of a valid Nursing Assistant Certificate issued by the California Department of Public Health.
- Concern, sympathetic understanding, and interest in working with patients/residents/clients or inmates; willingness to comply with prescribed procedures; and demonstrate patience and emotional stability.
- CNA must have the above, and an empathetic understanding of patients/inmates in a state correctional facility; willingness to work in a correctional facility in CDCR and comply with safety and security procedures; and willingness to interact with staff and inmates or youthful offenders from a wide range of cultural backgrounds in a professional manner.
- CAN appoint to this position must be reasonably expected to have and maintain sufficient strength, agility, and endurance to perform during stressful (physical, mental, and emotional) situations encountered on the job without compromising their health and well-being or that of their fellow employees or that of inmates or youthful offenders.