United Health System is a well known provider for healthcare services within United States. United Health System has always strived to be Customer-oriented, Compassionate, Candid and Compliant. We are committed for your success. You can count on us! We believe in working as a team with persistent stress on excelled deliverance. Our underlined principle is that honest and sincere disposition pays off. In continuous quest to be the best for both our clients and our employees we work with simple strategies that produce best results
The Surgical Technologist functions in the role of scrub person. Works under the supervision of the surgeon and the R.N. to ensure that the O.R. environment is safe, equipment functions properly and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. Must possess expertise in the theory and application of surgical technique, human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation of tools and technologies to facilitate safe care of the patient during invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist program; or equivalent military surgical technologist program
- American Heart Association BLS
- Certified Surgical Technologist
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for assuring completion of case carts according to preference cards. Recognizes and interprets preference cards for the procuring of instruments and supplies
- Communicates clearly with operating room staff and sterile processing staff members to coordinate instrumentation throughout the day for scheduled and non-scheduled cases.
- Reviews daily schedule with the charge nurse and the day coordinator of sterile processing identifying possible turnover delays and scheduling issues
- Assumes responsibility for the core phone and communications inherent with the position, delegates duties accordingly and coordinates breaks and lunches with appropriate individuals.
- Resource for the departments of SPD and Surgical Services for the procurement of necessary items, both supply and instrumentation, for scheduled and non-scheduled surgical procedures.
- Communicates and coordinates with materials management in regards to supply utilization and deployment