What is occupational therapy?
Occupational therapy is a client-centered health profession concerned with single idea to promote the health and well being of Human being. To understand what Occupational therapy is, we have to understand what Occupation means in today’s world. Occupation in our life roles revolves around every tiny bit of work we undertake from shopping to going for a Job. Occupational therapy concerns to combined bit of difficulty a person faces while going for a Job or performing a daily activity. Occupational therapist can strengthens your weakness in area where you would be finding difficulty from dressing up to walking down the stair case
The goal of an occupational therapist is not only to help clients improve basic motor functions and cognitive and emotional abilities to return to these roles but also to compensate for loss of function. The occupational therapist's goal is to help clients have independent, productive and satisfying lives. – Reference “Mayo Clinic”
Who could get benefitted?
Person suffering from medical condition – for example, rheumatoid arthritis
• Learning disability which slows the understanding
• Poor mental health condition – for example, bipolar disorder
• Customized treatment programs aimed at improving abilities to carry out the activities of daily living
• Comprehensive evaluation of home and job environments and recommendations on necessary adaptation
• Assessments and treatment for performance skills
• Recommendations and training in the use of adaptive equipment
• Guidance to family members and caregivers
What Occupational Therapist does?
Once your therapist have identified the difficulties experienced by the individual in everyday tasks. Occupational therapists have to design a program after understanding the areas of weakness by adopting various techniques. So the individual has to be trained in the following way to cope up in daily activity:
• Divide the activity in manageable stages
• Teaching and helping individual to practice every activity
• Recommending and evaluating the activity to make it simpler
• Use and teach various modern device usage to the individual to make them self dependent
If you have requisite training or understanding to better support their occupational engagement of different individuals. Send you resume at email@example.com and we would like hear your idea how you can help us to server our patients better
• American Occupational Therapy Association Inc.
• National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy Inc.