Physical Therapist PT
Urgently looking for Physical Therapist PT with SNF experience for facility in Alameda, CA
Duties and Responsibilities of Physical Therapist
Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a written physician's plan of care. This may include, but will not be limited to:
Requirements of Physical Therapist
- Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status, and participation in the development of the total plan of care. Evaluates home environment.
- Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM-potential for rehab.
- Directing the physical therapy treatment, instructing patients and families/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
- Determining priority needs for physical therapy.
- Reports to physician the patient's reaction to treatment or changes in condition.
- Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instruction them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participation in case conferences.
- May train the patient in the use of prosthetic device.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as necessary.
- Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals.
- Participates in discharge planning for the patient.
- Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals as directed by Organization policy.
- Provides physical therapy consultation to home families/caregivers when indicated.
- Provides in-service education programs for nursing organization personnel as needed.
- Participates in peer consultation process.
- Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants according to organization policy and state regulations.
Benefits of working as an PT for UNITED Nurses include
- Possesses a degree from a baccalaureate or master’s program in physical therapy approved by an accredited organization.
- Licensed to practice as physical therapist within the state of California.
- At least 2-3 years of appropriate experience as a physical therapist with SNF.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains current Heart Association approved CPR certification.
United Health Care Staffing, Inc (www.uhcstaffing.com) is a full service healthcare staffing company. We specialize in providing contract, temp-to-perm, travel, per diem, and direct hire personnel across wide spectrum of rehabilitation service providers servicing in the areas of Hospitals, Skilled Nursing, School therapy, Out-patient clinics, private settings, Home health and ADHC’s.
- Personalized Compensation Packages
- Weekly Pay
- Healthcare Benefits
For consideration, please contact Natasha Karihaloo, Account Manager: email Natasha@uhcstaffing.com
Physical Therapist Assistant, physical therapy, manual therapy, orthopedic, PT, P.T., acute care, rehabilitation, health, healthcare, manual therapy, medical care, nurse, nursing, orthopedic, physical therapist, physical therapist assistant, physical therapy, physical therapy aide, physical therapy assistant, pt, rehabilitation, therapist, therapy